Hey guys! How is everyone today? I hope that everyone is doing well and feeling blessed! If not, hopefully you will get a laugh at my expense today! Anyways, we all know about the revised numbers games are that floating around on Facebook! There are many different versions and I have to admit they are actually fun to play. My best friend and I were talking about how therapeutic it has been for us. Plus these games are being played by everyone, drama free, lolx. Yesterday, I received the numbers 10 and 9 from two different friends. I decided to combine them and blog about the 19 things I did wrong in my previous relationships!
No one ever wants to admit their wrongs whether it being in a relationship or in life in general. I mean it is a hard thing to do, especially for a know it all and low key perfectionist like myself. It’s hard but I am not above it at all. So without further ado, let’s jump into it!
- I didn’t speak up. Even when my last ex gave me the platform to do so, I still held back. I found myself saying things when it was too late.
- I have no patience. I am like this in my real life. It’s something that I battle with daily. From my career, to my child and my love life, I can’t wait. I have to see results now or it’s not going to happen. Can’t call JG now!
- I forgot to pray. I believe God reveals and heal all situations.
- I hate repeating myself. If I tell you in the beginning how I want to be treated, I don’t want to tell you throughout the course of the relationship.
- I gave up on things too easily. With the exception of my last relationship, all my other relationships when they were done, they were done.
- I was rude. I would go over my ex’s house and walk in with an attitude at times. Here’s why. If I came in and he was doing something and I felt that his attention wouldn’t be on me,it would hurt my feelings. Because I was the type of girl who never wanted to seem weak, I’d just sit on the bed and pull out my phone. It was just me, him, an Iphone and an attitude.
- I didn’t want to get to know any of my exes’ families or their friends unless it was on my time. I am very private. When you randomly bring your family on me, it weird me out and makes me nervous. I do not know why. A lot of people think because of this trait, I am rude. Now to be fair to myself, I got to know my last ex’s stepfamily, his best friend and one of his sisters. Also we shared most of the same friends. I met his mom once. That situation blind sided the hell out of me. We were just friends then. I will write a post about that.
- I had sex on my mind all the time! It’s true.
- I took my sister on dates. Now I only did this in one relationship. Sometimes my ex and I would argue about the most stupid stuff so I would bring my sister along to referee.
- I would argue to win. Now one thing you do not want to do is argue with me. I will get mean.
- I would put my relationship business on Facebook. All of it. The good, the bad and the ugly. Once again this was only in the last relationship. The other two were during the MySpace days.
- I would call my ex the B word. I never realized until our breakup that it really hurt him for reasons that he tried to explain.
- I never listened. My listening skills got better by the last relationship but I still only had selective hearing.
- I told my family everything. I am the type of person that wants to know when I am wrong. Of course most of your friends and family are going to agree with you but not mine. In this instance the almost did though. Weird but true.
- I told his sister our business. I told you guys I only got to know one of his sisters and I made sure that I used her as my therapist and advocate during the last month. Not cool. In my head I thought she would fight for me.
- I would compare my last ex to the ex before him. Sometimes I would do it out of spite but most of the time I would do it to say “Hey I can leave but I don’t want to.” he didn’t take it that way at all. Funny thing is the ex before him never got compared to the first ex.
- I let my friend call my last ex a douche bag. I called him a douche bag.
- I never realized how much fun I would have with these guys until it was too late.
- I never truly apologized for my part in each of these break ups.
I know there are more than 19 things that I did wrong in my past three relationships because let’s be honest, I am human. A lot of these things felt so right at the time of doing them but a lot of these things I knew better. I am learning that you don’t argue to win with people you love. You end up saying things that are on your mind but they come out in the most malicious way and that is only your intent for that time. I am working on my anger, my lack of patience, my communication and appreciation skills. These are things that I not only need in my relationships but in my everyday life.
Now Your Turn:
So I ask you to try the numbers game. Write down a number of things that you never knew about yourself, things you would like to work on or even just goals. It’s really fun and can be used as a way to say sorry to someone. Or in my case, some exes. I hope that you guys enjoyed this post.
Side note: The two previous exes before the last ex actually have talked with me about these things. We are on good terms.
- Breaking Up Is Hard To Do, And No One Knows That More Than Carrie Bradshaw (huffingtonpost.com)
- 20 Things You Need To Hear After A Breakup (thoughtcatalog.com)
- How to Console a Friend After a Breakup (nouveaudating.com)
- Getting back together after breaking up (slideshare.net)
- The Season of Breakups (citynurse.wordpress.com)
- Facebook Breakup Etiquette Still Unsettled, We Advise Abstinence [Social Tips] (socialnewsdaily.com)
- 31 Things That Are More Important Than Being In A Relationship Right Now (thoughtcatalog.com)
- 10 Things That Kills A Relationship Slowly. (xpresx.wordpress.com)
- The 50 Truths About Love And Sex Every Gen-Y Girl Must Realize (elitedaily.com)
- Day I don’t know/16 (joyfulmeadow.wordpress.com)